Thursday 4 October 2012

Week 1

The first class was a surprise to me - I was expecting the first night to be sitting and listening to some intro, taking a look at some of the latest tech in AT. Instead I ended up locked outside with an iPad while making my first iMovie. Fun times!


Getting to see Tyler again was incredible. Having worked with him and his Mom when he was a preschooler was my first introduction to someone with his level of physical challenge, and to see how they worked together to find ways for him to be included and engaged. That iPad band is amazing! It's bittersweet to see all the incredible things we can do with technology today, and then to think of all the children in the past who didn't have access to these devices. I can't wait to see what we'll have come up with in another 10 years to break down barriers for students with accessibility challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment